I’m getting ready for the soon release (August 31) of Yeshua in Context: The Life and Times of Yeshua the Messiah.
I’m also realizing what my unique contributions are and aren’t in terms of writing. I think what I offer when it comes to books is unique in the following ways:
(1) Though I read the latest scholarship (not all of it, I read few journals, but many books), I write for a non-expert audience (I don’t write for academics).
(2) I am concise. My books are short. My chapters are digestible in short order.
(3) I bring readers to useful information about the context of Yeshua’s life and other biblical topics.
(4) I see the mystical side of the text, the gaps into which we get glimpses of the Infinite One and his Presence in the ordinary.
(5) I write for people who see beyond the idea that Judaism and Christianity are mutually incompatible.
Anyway, I tried to make the new site for Mount Olive Press reflect these things. I’d appreciate you taking two minutes to check it out: http://mountolivepress.com